Friday, September 12, 2008

World's Largest French Fry Feed

Last night Melissa and I went to the world's largest french fry feed at University Park near UND. It's part of a week long celebration in honor of the Potato Bowl which is in it's 43rd year. It's like the Cotton Bowl in Texas. Jon was unable to go due to school but we had a good time non the less. We are only a 20 minute walk from the park and seeing as I didn't have a car we walked. I had to carry Melissa in one of those jumper thingys because the stroller was in the car, although it turned out better that way because there were so many people! I met up with some of our friends from church and we had a great time. The best part was that all of the french fries were free!
They pour them by the bag through this long cooking machine...
And they come out the end where they put them into a bucket and start scooping them out into the bowls.
Here is the tent where you go to pick up your free french fries. They also have free ketchup on tables surrounding the tent.
Here is the end result. They are actually super yummy! Not to greasy. Not to hard. Not to soft. Just right.

They also had visitors like a huge Mr Potato Head, French Fry guy, and Ronald McDonald. He was kind of a weirdo but a nice guy. He was handing out "I met Ronald" stickers and...
And taking pictures. I hadn't planned on it but he suggested it so here's one for the memory book. How many people can say that they had their picture taken with Ronald McDonald? Of course some would be glad by that.
They also had free bounce houses. I thought it was awesome that it was all free and they had about 5 or 6 bounce houses there! That's unheard of where we are from. They also had a few concession stands open where you could purchase snacks, drinks, or hot dogs. The prices were pretty inexpensive as well.
And here is Melissa and me just hangin' out. She did so well! I was a little nervous at how well she would do in the jumper (I honestly don't know the real name to it). She slept most of the time. On our way there she just passed out and then she was awake for a little bit while I had her out and then I put her back in it to walk around and she passed back out again. I kept squeezing her hands to make sure she was still alive. She is just so dang cute!
P.S. After tonight I realized that I want one of those really nice cameras so I can learn how to take amazingly beautiful pictures like Stacie and Missy. I could see it in my mind but my camera just doesn't have the ability. Someday...

1 comment:

sheri said...

wow! that sounds like such a cool day! cool pic's of ronald mcD! and the carrier is called a snuggly! I think. that's what we call it anyway! you are beautiful!