Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dinner Party

Ok, so it didn't start out as a dinner party but it kind of ended up that way. We invited over a couple from church Amy and Gary Hansen and their cute little girl Hannah. We are trying to expand our group of friends and Jon and Gary happen to have a class together. Anywho, we then invited the Butler's over because well I owe'm one. Jon and I were all excited because we were going to cook our first roast. Jon got up early that morning and put it in added seasoning, etc. and it cooked all day. We left church early because Melissa decided to spit up on me, not once or twice but three times and I was wearing dark brown. 'nough said. So, we came home cleaned, cleaned, and cleaned (we were such slackers on Saturday). The apartment looked so amazing! So, I had a little extra time and I set the table so beautifully! I wish I had taken a picture! I had the dinner plates along with the salad plates AND dinner and salad forks on the table all neatly arranged in order as if you would be eating with royalty! Although, it would have been better had we had nice glass cups but the plastic ones will do for now. It was beautiful! And can I just say what an amazing cook my husband is! He made the roast, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, remembered dessert, and the salad (although I did help with the salad). He is sooo wonderful! After dinner we played a few games before everyone left, but we had such a wonderful time! So, we will definitely have more dinners to come! We had such a great time having them over and it was so nice to have the space because we didn't have that before! I have already been thinking of a Halloween themed dinner! Oh I am sooo excited!

No comments: