Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Closet 2, Jon 1

So I won't even big to list the items that are wrong with our home. Now don't get me wrong I am so grateful to have a roof over my head and to have the space that we do but the work that they do up here is less than what it should be. I only have a knowledge of home repair due to the many jobs that my wonderful husband has helped with during his families home remodels. That being said the first day we moved in (and the re-modelers were still in the house) the closet shelf/bar holding all of our clothes, that I so neatly had just finished hanging up came crashing down to the ground. Thankfully no one was in the room at the time to get pierced by the wooden rod that broke into 3 pieces. So my wonderfully smart husband went to Lowe's and bought lead anchors to put in the walls because the other smart repair men put in plastic anchors into a cement wall that would only hold a 30lb picture. That being said we thought it's been two weeks...hey it's still up and all of our clothes are still there....we won the war! Last night before I went to bed I had a feeling to close the closet doors and boy am I glad that I did! At 7am this morning I had just fallen back asleep from feeding Melissa when BOOM!! CRASH!! BANG!! AHH! WHAT THE....UGH! My side of the closet had fallen down and now the doors are bursting at the seems from a stockpile of clothing. We haven't looked at what may have caused the fall this time but we will figure it out or switch to all dressers. It may have one the battle...again, but it has not won the war!

1 comment:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

LOL...that stinks!! But at least Jon is in the running! Good luck, and may the force be with you! Ü