Saturday, September 6, 2008

Farmers Market

So this morning we went to the Grand Forks Farmers Market which runs from June - September. We had a little bit of fun. We saw our friends, Anna & Dusty, which was fun to hang with them. Other than that, it's not too exciting but I love living in a small town and going to things of this nature. Anywho, they only allow those with homemade products so the majority of it is homemade crafts rather than food, however, Jon did buy a German pastry which he says they did a great job making it because it was like the real thing. I found this little booth that had the most amazingly cute embroidered outfits so of course I had to get something! But the best part was that they were really inexpensive! For $10 I got this cute little hat and a pair of socks for Melissa.

The socks won't fit her until next year but I didn't want to get socks that she would grow out of right away. The lady was really nice and I even gave her one of my Scentsy catalogs. I am getting braver! The only downside to the market is the amount of awful bees swarming around. They are EVERYWHERE! I feel like I was in the movie about killer bees because everywhere you turn there they are!! This lead to the stinging of my poor husband. He's not a woosy man by any means when it comes to the pesky things. He swats at them with his bare hands and then kills them! He's a maniac. However, one got him today and my super man realized that he isn't as invincible as he thought he was. Although, he is still braver than anyone I know.

After the market we went to a little store called Pamida in East Grand Forks, MN. My mom and I used to shop there as a kid when I lived in Nebraska. Jon thought it would be a little more exciting than it actually was but it was still fun exploring. Next week we will go back to the market and actually buy some food than walk around downtown to see what little shops we can find. All in all, we are enjoying are life here in Grand Forks.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

SO CUTE! Melissa is getting so big and she is just so dang cute! Let me know when you get the blanket, it is on its way in Mom's package!

Natalie said...

She has changed a lot in the short time you have been gone! She is a cutie pie for sure.

Jenny said...

how exciting to live in a small town and have so much to explore and discover! Melissa is getting so big!