Thursday, September 11, 2008

In Remembrance...

Since I have never really kept a journal I wanted to post where I was seven years ago so as not to forget what happened. I was a junior in high school. We had just switched classes which put in Mrs Jennifer Martin's English class. I think we had just finished a worksheet when our principal came over the intercom to let us know what had happened. Thanks to our wonderful tech program we had tvs in all of our classrooms to see weekly performances put on or channel 1(does anyone remember that show?) so the tech dept got the live feed going onto all of our tvs and we watched in horror as the second plane crashed into the 2nd tower and then we watched as they fell. Everyone around me was crying, panicking, talking, etc. and I just sat there. For some reason I had a feeling of calm, peace about me. All I could think about was the second coming of our Savior and how this was just the beginning but it would only bring us closer to Him. For the next few days we heard about those who were affected. Thankfully, we didn't know anyone who was affected at all, either first hand or because they were stranded somewhere. I can't express enough how deeply sadden I am for those that lost loved ones. I haven't yet had that anguish in my life and can not imagine what it is like. I hope everyone remembers this day and remembers the reason we are at war. Pray for our soldiers everyday. It was only the beginning and someday we will have an end and freedom for those who could not do it alone.

No comments: