Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm Going to Pump You Up!

So I've officially decided to lose the rest of my baby weight. I have been stagnant at my current weight, which is disheartening considering that since Melissa was born I have only lost 15 lbs. and she was 10lbs. I gained 50 lbs (give or take do to the water gain at the very end) so the goal is to lose 10lbs so I can at least fit into my pants. I had a huge wardrobe before getting pregnant. One that I had proudly built since I was a freshman in high school...this being said I have A LOT of clothes and I simply can't afford to go out and buy a whole new set of clothes, especially with winter coming and we will have to buy a ton of new winter items to keep from freezing. So, I started working out yesterday. Thankfully we have stairs that I can utilize to run up and down as well as doing other various exercises to build my abs. I don't have much hope for the abs considering my overwhelming amount of stretch marks but there is hope for my butt. Who knew that it would grow? ;-) I guess in the huge belly growth at the end of my pregnancy I just didn't realize that my backside grew as well. Oh well, I'll do what I can and hope for the best.

Although, it would probably help if I gave up some of the sweets! I have had such a sweet tooth since Melissa was born. I was so desperate once that I ended up eating baking chocolate chips because it was all that we had to choose from. I have been on an Oreo kick lately. Did you know that 2 Oreo cookies is 120 calories! Oh dear! And I ate like 10 of them! I won't go cold Turkey, just lessen how many I eat a day. Who am I kidding?! This is going to be hard!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I love you, Shellie and I feel your pain! I will feel it even more in a few short weeks when it is my turn to loose baby weight!

Natalie said...

I'm right there with you ladies also! I have been wanting to loose 10 more lbs. for the past two months, but have yet to start exercising. I had to laugh at your comment about the choc. chips. I eat them when I have a sweet tooth! Preston loves them too.

Shellie said...

It's addicting! Those dang choc chips! So far I have worked out 2 days in a row!