Monday, September 15, 2008

The Amazing Bee Killer Returns

We have noticed that since we have moved here no matter what time we go to bed we seem to have a really hard time waking up on time for church. This was the case yesterday, however, instead of waking up late we didn't wake up at all. Church starts at 10 and we rolled out of bed at 9:30. So, instead we spent a lazy, wonderful day as a family. Well all of it was wonderful until we had visitors. We killed 12 yellow jacket bees in our home yesterday! This does not count the previous ones we have killed days before. And it does not count the 5 Jon killed between the door and the screen door, or the ones he sprayed that were buzzing around the windows or the ones that continued to buzz our windows throughout the day. I am usually a calm person, however, when a bee comes in my house I lose all sense of the ward and run around like a crazy person. Luckily my super husband uses his bare hands to swat the little nasty pests to the ground and then steps on them. Although, he was starting to become on edge after awhile when every time you turned around there was another one. It felt like a scene from the killer bees movie where you can hear them buzzing and you have plugged up every hole but somehow they make it inside and begin to eat you! We figured out that they were coming from the windows so we duct taped up all the seams and holes, we thought this solved the problem. We were wrong. Once they figured this out they started flying in through the large crack above the screen door and then they would squeeze their way through the small crack above the main door. It's just so unnerving! In realizing that I would be alone today, without my super bee killer around to protect me, we made the decision to break the sabbath and go purchase a bee trap. I sure hope it works because if I have to fight off 12 bees by myself today, I might just go insane and you will have to come visit me in the mental hospital. So the moral of this story is go to church or face the wrath of lots of bees.
For your viewing pleasure, here is two that Jon killed. Sorry for the shot of our toilet, but at least it's clean!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I guess that's what you get when you don't go to church! Muwahahahahah!