Friday, November 28, 2008

Our Thanksgiving

What a fun and stress filled day we had! We started out the day by making crepes for a few close friends. Jon went shooting that morning and on his way home tried to find some paper plates and napkins. Can you believe that he could only find a convenience store that was open and had what we needed? You would think that it was a holiday or something. Anyways, after many issues with the crepes he finally mastered the heat vs. the batter and they finally turned. We also made pancakes and bacon as back ups. Everything turned out wonderful and our friends went home full.

After breakfast we began to prepare for supper (the meal between lunch and dinner). I was in charge of making the pies, veggie platter, gravy, and yams. Here are a few pics of how everything turned out.
We started out the day with our beautiful decorations. So it's thanksgiving and everyone needs a cornucopia! I was so excited that WalMart had there fall clearance early so I made my very own. I think it turned out well next to my pumpkin salt and pepper shakers!
Here is our lovely table. I forgot to take a picture of all of the food but the table was packed and we even had a side table! It was so wonderful sharing the responsibility of making all of the food between the Hanson's and Montgomery's besides there wonderful friendship of course!
My beautiful pie. I took this before I baked it so it looked even better later but oh it was so yummy!
Here is the best turkey I have ever had in my entire life! Props to Gary and Amy for doing such a wonderful job! It just fell apart and melted in your mouth! Oh yum!
Thanks to Brittni for bringing her turkey salt and pepper shakers. It just added to the table beautifully!
My wonderful yams! Could they have looked any better? And they were so good! My first attempt and they turned out great.
So while the adults were chatting and eating, Hannah had great time with the veggies we left on the coffee table. She was so nice to share them with Maggie.
I think Maggie actually ate them which made for some stinky gas later on.
And then we ended the night with some fun. We played a little bit of Nintendo and a cute picture. She is wearing mommy's hat and couldn't look cuter!

1 comment:

Gary and Amy said...

It was such a fun day! Thanks for everything you did to make it great!