Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Rocked the Vote!!!

Yes, it's true, I totally did. Like many of you I did not get my sticker either but there is something about getting up on election day and going to vote.

Today was a busy day for us. We finally got our back window replaced, which I can just tell you how stinkin' exciting that was! Anyways, we went two blocks west and one block south and found our lovely elementary school. It was kind of weird because school was still going on and so you had these little elementary school kids walking around. Being from a big city it just made me nervous thinking that all of these strangers were walking in and out of this school and at any moment one of them could be taken, but I am sure since they are actually coming to vote that stuff like that wouldn't happen, right?

Ok, so we voted. We didn't go until about 11am and there was no line or anything. I voted in 2004 but this time I feel like my vote counts even more. I know this post is a little rambly but in North Dakota you don't have to register to vote. You just walk into your voting place and show a bill with your name and address on it and they write your name onto a piece of paper and viola you can vote! Kind of weird but hey at least I got to vote.

Anywho, happy election watching to all and we'll see what tomorrow brings!
By the way...if you haven't voted yet....GO VOTE!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

so are you sad now or happy?

Shellie said...

I am a wee bit sad but I guess you can tell that by my post. lol. Oh well what can you do?