Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Do the Wave!

So last night I was lying on the couch watching TV with Jon. I don't even remember what we were watching at the time because I was so preoccupied with watching my stomach move. Melissa becomes even more noticeable when I am lying on my side, and last night was no different. I swear she was having a swimming party in there because not only the feel but the look of my stomach was so hysterical. She'll be still for a few seconds and then my tummy will turn into this wave pool where it's moving non-stop. It's kind of creepy but so funny to watch. It creeps Jon out a bit and I don't blame him. If you didn't know you had a baby in there you'd think you had some type of alien presence. It's such an amazing experience to feel them moving around, especially as they get better you can tell where her head or foot or hand is. She also does this thing when I bend over too much, like picking up around the house, she hunkers down into the depths of my pelvis and won't budge. Everyone says I am tiny for being 6 months pregnant but I just say it's because she likes to hide amongst my organs. It's like she is trying to cuddle up and all she has are my intestines. It will be neat to see if she is the same way when she comes out. She can also officially hear noise and if it's a loud noise she might even blink. Our little peanut is all growed up!

I still feel like I have so much to do before she gets here but slowly I am getting it all done. Jon was so excited the other day that he wanted to put the crib up. Unfortunately we aren't using the crib until we move to North Dakota because it would have been so much fun to set up the crib and put the bedding in and make it look so cute! We only have 15 weeks left to go so here soon we will be putting the rest of her wall together and making it ready for her to arrive. I so looked forward to meeting her in person! It's true that you have a love for your kids that you never thought you could have...and I haven't even seen her yet. I can't even imagine how much my love will grow when I can hold her for the first time. It's like when you get married and you never thought you could love your husband more than you did at that moment but day after day, year after year your love grows so much and you just don't think it could get any stronger but yet somehow it does. I can't for Jon and I to share that moment where we can see our daughter for the first time and know that she is ours and through our love we created her.

No comments: