Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Road Trip!

So, we are registered and ready to go up for the Transfer Student Orientation Weekend in North Dakota! We are so excited! We leave for Grand Forks on April 2. We will stop by my grandparents home in Omaha and then continue our journey to Dusty and Anna's home where we will shower in the half bath and maybe play in the snow. We haven't decided if we will take Maggie but I am pretty confident that we will. I want to have a practice run before we move up there with our baby in the back seat. She did well on the drive out to Greenville but that was only 2 hours versus the 18 it will take to get to North Dakota. Anyways, we love going on road trips and haven't been on one in awhile, especially one this long, so this should be a lot of fun.

This reminds me of the joy that my daughter has found at using my bladder as a toy. Hopefully, I won't slow us down by having to pee every 5 minutes. In fact my belly is shaking like a bowl full of jelly right now. I have been trying to capture the movement on video but whenever I get it out she stops moving. Maybe someday I will be able to post a video on here. It was really sweet last night. Jon was getting ready to go to bed and he came to tell me goodnight and he said "I love you, goodnight" and then he put his hand on my belly and said "I love you too...you little alien baby." It was the sweetest thing ever! He calls her an alien because that's what it looks like when my belly is moving around. It can look a little creepy, but sweet knowing it's your baby. Sometimes I wish we had a camera in there to see what she is doing. At this point, she can open her eyes and she can hear outside noises. Also, during your 24 and 28th week they really get moving around and I have noticed a difference in how even more active she has become. We were sitting in sacrament meeting on Sunday and you can see her moving through my 3 layers of clothing. It was funny to watch. She especially gets moving when I have any type of pressure on my stomach like the elastic from my pants. As soon as I move it she usually slows down. Jon chased her (some body part) around the other day. He would poke at her until she moved and then he would find her again and do the same thing. It will be so neat to watch her grow and see her personality once she is born. I can already feel some of her personality but to see her in front of me will be so amazing!

P.S. I must put a disclaimer out about the lodge. You have to spend the night in order to play at the park. My family spent the weekend there and you can get a few guest passes for friends or family so we were able to go up for the day because of that. But if you think about it (which I have in depth ;-) It's not a bad price to pay for a nice family oriented hotel and admission to the park for your entire family. Plus, you can go back to your room nap, eat, etc. and go back and play without worrying that you can't leave the park because you will have to repay to enter. And it's really only families that go so everyone is nice and there for the same reason.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

What the heck are ya'll doing moving from Texas to North Dakota???? that is craziness! I don't even like texas that much, but it is better than ND!

Shellie said...

Yeah, I kind of agree with you but Jon wants to be a helicopter pilot and the University of North Dakota is one of the best schools in the country. I don't know if you remember Anna Butler(she served in the primary a year ago), her and her husband moved up there in January to do the same thing. So far so good, so the move is still on! Snow here we come!

Shannon said...

OK, finally found my answer, lol! that is cool at least that the Butler's will be up there too, so you wont be ALL ALONE in the dreary state of ND. You can take road trips to Fargo, lol, or will you be IN Fargo? I just need to catch you at church, hehehe :)