Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Watch out for the Club!

So I have been living in Greenville the past few days. I am home now but will be making the trip back there tomorrow. My mom had surgery on her thumb on Monday. She had some kind of tendon cysts that wouldn't stop growing so they had to remove them. Her thumb's nickname had become Thumbinstein and at that point she new she really needed to have them removed. So, I drove out Sunday night because she had to be at Baylor Dallas at 6 am in the morning! Needless to say that was a long tiring day but she came out of surgery in less than an hour and many laughs were had! It's not very often you get to see your mother high on pain medication. I stayed through Wednesday morning to help her with my brothers and sisters and really everything else. She has to keep her arm elevated almost above her head at all times and with the bandage she has it weighs like 10-15 pounds. Tomorrow, I will drive back out there to take her to the doctor. She will finally get the club off and maybe go into a smaller bandage. This picture is right after she got out of surgery so she has that drug induced smile.


1 comment:

Anna and Dusty said...

That sounds painful and odd at the same time. I hope she feels better soon!