Monday, February 18, 2008

What a Craptastic Weekend!

Well I am finally posting on here. I haven't had much of a desire since Friday and I know you're just dying to find out why. Well, Thursday I woke up and continued to have all day what is call ligament pains. My stomach, or rather uterus has grown this week and my ligaments were just trying to make room. Well that felt awful! Then I started to develop little red bumps on my tummy. They weren't anything dramatic but they did itch a little. Then Saturday morning I woke up and they really itched. I though that it was a dry skin so I took a shower and exfoliated. Got out and lathered on the lotion and I felt great....until Saturday night. Jon's brother Steve and his family were in town from Houston so we had a great big family get together. It was fun seeing everyone and having our usual Eldredge chaos but then the itching began. I went to the bathroom just to check and make sure everything looked fine and I noticed that the bumps had multiplied a little bit. I asked my sister in law if she had ever heard of having a rash during pregnancy...but she hadn't. So when we got home I just lathered on more lotion....well that definitely did not work because you would not believe the rash on my stomach! Picture having the chicken pox but worse. They are just little red bumps but they are EVIL! It's all up and down the side of my stomach and it's grown down to right below my hips, creeping around to my back, and up my side to take over my chest.

I have found a new perfume though....calamine lotion. Mmmm...how it smells....bad! I just lather it on and then it hardens and I look like I have some sort of disease. Plus on top of all of this I have developed heart burn for the first time in my life. It can get so bad at night that I just want to chunk my guts. Sorry for those with week stomachs...this has become a very vivid post, but it's awful. Jon has been so good to me! He definitely deserves a lot of great husband points. I try and joke about my constant itchyness and he just apologizes over and over. You get kind of used to it but sometimes it gets to the point where you want to rip your skin off because it is just so irritating.

So you ask what is wrong with me....apparently rashes can be a normal part of pregnancy. If only I had known this before I signed up. Lol. Oh well, I wouldn't change having a baby I just hope that it doesn't last and that this doesn't happen with every pregnancy. The doctor prescribed some meds and said if it doesn't go away in a week to see a dermatologist. But I have heard that some women just live with it and an hour after birth it will go away. So here is to a hopefully itchy free last four months!

1 comment:

Anna and Dusty said...

Aww.. that sounds so horrible! You make me so excided about getting pregnant... NOT.
I hope your itching stops soon!