Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Come on! Scratch with me!

So after posting late last night I hopped in to bed to enjoy a beautiful nights rest...only to be woken up two hours later by a very awful and irritating itch. The itching is so bad that it woke me up! So I got out of bed and made a few wet wash cloths, went back to bed and put them all over my tummy. I had read somewhere that this helped. Well it kind of helped. Instead of a constant itching I had a dull itch and a small burning sensation, like a sunburn. But then I realized it's starting to reach around to my back so while my tummy was fine my back was all itchy. At this point I lost it. Jon rolled over and asked if I was ok and I just cried. It was so unbearable at that point I didn't know how I was going to sleep or function through my busy day. I can't say enough how amazing my husband is. He laid their with me at 1 am at tried to comfort me, giving me ideas, etc. I got out of bed and reapplied my calamine lotion and with some assistance I was able to coat my front and back. After I was all dry Jon continued to stay up with me and even tried to find a pharmacy that was open 24 hours so I didn't have to wait 'til this morning to go pick it up. He did find one and was willing to go get it all the way in Grand Prairie but their computers were down. Anywho, I received a blessing right before I went to bed, at 2am and thankfully I was able to sleep through the entire night until this morning. I am still very itchy but I am so grateful for my husband and the priesthood! He is such a wonderful man and I feel so blessed that he picked me.

2 comments:

Anna and Dusty said...

Don't worry, It'll all pay off in the end. And I happen to like the smell of calamine... it's very soothing.

Shellie said...

Thanks Anna! It's getting better. I was finally able to get the meds from the doctor and today I am really tired due to the drowsy meds but I feel better. Woohoo!