Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Mania!

So I am so excited to say that we went to our very first pumpkin patch! I have ALWAYS wanted to go to a pumpkin patch! It wasn't at all what I expected and in some ways it was a small let down but we still had a great time! We asked our new friends Amy and Gary Hanson to come along. They have an adorable little girl named Hannah. She just learned the word Pumpkin and every time she saw one she would say "Pumpkin!" Since, this was a momentous occasion we had to dress up our little baby girl! She has a very cute pumpkin outfit my mom bought her, so I couldn't think of a better occasion for her to wear it. You can't see a whole lot of what she is wearing because she was wrapped up tight in Jon's jacket but you can she how cute she was!
If you look closely, you can see her orange and black striped socks!
I love going to places that have been there for generations! There is just something so amazing about that to me.

The pumpkin patch did have a lot to do. They had a corn maze, straw maze (for the little ones), little games for the kids to play, as well as a haunted "road", and a hay ride.
Here we are in the corn maze. It wasn't your typical corn maze, mainly because the entrance was also the exit and the paths weren't clearly marked but we had a good time stomping around.
Time out from the maze for a cute picture!

It really got interesting when the corn got really tall! It's huge!
After the corn maze we took a ride on the wild side and took a spin around the field of pumpkins!
It was actually really nice because by the time we got there it was really slow and we were the only ones on the hay ride.
What a cute family! Thanks Gary for taking pictures!
I was going for one of those professional, amazing shots but a blurry one will have to do until I get a better camera. If you look closely, you can see the albino pumpkin!

After the hayride, Hannah got to ride on the tractor and Gary played a few games.


Then as worried first time parents go, we pulled out the UND hat. I wanted to keep her bow on but Jon wouldn't have any of it!
I failed to take pictures of the haunted road but it was mainly a stroll through some trees where they had skeleton's lying around. I'm sure it's really scary when it's dark. We finally made it over to the Pumpkin "Patch." This is the only part where I was really disappointed. I thought we would run out to a field with our wagons in town and pick out our pumpkins and bring them back to be purchased. However, they have barn that you walk into where the pumpkins are all lying on the floor and you pick out the ones you want. Well, we got there a little late and there wasn't much of a selection left. Amy, being the smart thinker, went to ask if there were any others to choose from. They directed us to three shack buildings and said that we could take a look. It was getting dark so it was hard to see but I think we all picked out some great looking pumpkins.
It was really kind of creepy. All I could think of were spiders. Although, we don't have the creepy, nasty kind of spiders like they do in Texas.
These were all of the pumpkins they had left. The last shack of pumpkins.

3 comments:

Crystal Eldredge said...

I love this time of year! It is so much fun to take the kids to the pumpkin patches! I think she looks adorable hanging out of dads jacket! I like her on the Tractor as well! She is getting big so fast!

Gary and Amy said...

Great post! Man, who are those fun friends you were hanging out with? ;) You did a great job with taking pictures and narrating the whole experience.

Irish said...

That family Picture is gorgeous ... You'll look so well ( note the texan saying there ... lol)