Thursday, May 8, 2008

Showers, Sickness, Pictures and Valet

Ok, so it's been awhile since I have posted. Sorry to all of my fellow bloggers who actually come here to read what I have to say. When I say that I have fallen off the wagon and gotten lazy well I really have. I get little stuff around the house done but that takes all of my energy to do anything else, like blog. So, I will make a better effort to post especially in these last few weeks I have before our little one arrives.

Tomorrow night I have my 3rd shower. This one if being given by my Scentsy director and I look forward to seeing some of my team I haven't seen in a few months. My mom is also going so she gets to meet my Scentsy people for the very first time, which is exciting because I talk about them all the time! This being my 3rd shower and all you would think that I would have everything I need to bring this baby into the world, but you'd be wrong. It's amazing how more important these showers are vs the ones you have when you get married. You only need one crock pot or one toaster, etc. But with a baby, you need like 2 or 3 of everything plus it doesn't end there. They will grow and continuing growing and growing forever and you realize that every piece of anything that you get is so valuable to you that it's priceless. I remember at my first shower (which was in Greenville) that it was so fun and great to see everyone and for me it was really about catching up and having fun with everyone there, not the presents. However, then I realized that I was so very grateful that they all came because at that shower alone they saved me about $400! And I still needed more baby things! So I am rambling about this but it really does take a village to bring a baby into this world. Thank you all for your contribution. :-)

My sister Annie turned 10 today! This is a shout out to her! Happy Birthday! I love you!

I have been sick since Monday. It started with a sore throat, then a runny nose, then sinus congestion. The runny nose is gone but the sore throat comes and goes and my sinus' are doing well except for that last minute gunk that seems so hard to get out of your nose. I am on the last leg of it so hurray for me. I was very disappointed that of all the things to get me down it was my dang allergies. I haven't been sick once since I got pregnant! That doesn't mean I didn't try. lol. I have been around kids who had pneumonia, strep, bronchitis, the flu, etc. You name it and I had personal contact with them but somehow all it took was my allergies and so late in the game too. Oh well, at least I am feeling better and should be back to my old self by Saturday.

Today, I had a doctors appointment. Everything seems to be going well. I love the new women's facility at Baylor! They have complimentary valet at my doctors office! LOVE IT! No more driving up and down in the parking garage, or trucking half mile to my doctors office then back out to my car. No more being late for my appts cuz I can't find a parking space. Oh I just love it!

This evening, Jon and I will be touring the new facility where our baby will be born. I will post tomorrow on how it goes. I have heard that it is great but we will see if it lives up to all the excitement.

Oh and one more shout out to my wonderful sister in law Stacie! She not only took family pics of our entire Eldredge clan (which were AMAZING by the way) but she and Mike took the time to take us to the Botanic Gardens on a very crazy day (who new mayfest was going on) and take pictures of Jon and I and our baby belly. We were deeply saddened that we could not bring Maggie but maybe next time. Anywho, you can view a few of the pics she took on her site! Thank you so very much Stacie! I absolutely love each and every picture! I can't wait to print them off and hang them in my home!

No comments: