Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Yumdidliumpcious!

OK so lately, thanks to my very wonderful sister in law Kristy, I have found the true joy in purchasing Jack in the Box real ice cream shakes! MMMMmmm...they are so yummy! Well I haven't had one since February because we are really trying hard to not eat out. Well Jon came home with an Oreo shake on Monday and I just can't express how delicious it was! Oh the joy! So I began thinking, maybe I can have one just once a week and that won't break our budget. So I go online to see if you can view the prices. Well instead I stumble upon the nutrition facts...oh dear. Just one shake (which I can suck down in less than an hour) is 720 CALORIES!! I know I may be pregnant but 720 CALORIES!! Holy cow! And half of those are from fat. And they are pretty much empty, delicious, yummy calories. So maybe I will only have one every other week. lol How can I pass them up. It's just too yummy!

On a quick side note, I watched Amber's Story last night on lifetime. It was the story of Amber Hagerman and I just have to say that I will never complain again when an Amber alert comes across the tv and I miss 10 minutes of my show. I had know idea what had really happened or that she was from Arlington. I mean her body was found right behind some apartments right off Green Oaks and 360. I can not imagine what parents go through when their children go missing. Thanks to Amber and her mother Donna all 50 states have an Amber Alert in place and save more children than we could have ever imagined. This post is dedicated to the memory of Amber and the hard work her mother has done to ensure that more children are found alive.

10 comments:

elisa said...

hi shellie, shakes are delicious, i mean, Evil!
Amber from Arlington? So sad!
I looked at the RS site, very nice!
Is anyone going to post the next RS night? I can't remember when it is.

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Um, yeah scary story, and now you have me wanting to try a milkshake :)

Shellie said...

Stay away SHannon! They are evil!

Jenny said...

That story just breaks my heart. I'm so glad they have procedure in place nowadays, even if it had such horrible beginnings.

Oh, and PS--those oreo cookie shakes kill me

Simply Sarah *K* said...

mmm...when you are at Jack in the Crack, you should get some Bacon Cheddar Wedges with that Oreo Shake...might as well tip the scale! MMMMM...my fave meal!
And yes, such a sad story, I had no idea all that happened by those apartments until recently! I lived there for 10 months! Poor little girl!!

Borton Family said...

Love the new Mario game!! I love Mario!

Shannon said...

Lady, what do you need for your behbeh?? Email me or call me so I can get you something good! :)

Marc and Jennifer Farmer said...

Enjoy the shakes while you can. Eat them every week...NORTH DAKOTA DOES NOT HAVE JACK IN THE BOX. When I was first pregnant with Maddsen, Marc and I would go there quite a bit (we lived in NC). Now we just dream about those shakes, especially the oreo.... they were worth every calorie! Think of it as getting your daily calcium intake for the baby:)

Anna and Dusty said...

So post some pictures form your baby shower!! I wanna see all the awesome stuff you got