Friday, May 23, 2008

I should be in bed...

Well it's almost 1am and I am still up! I just can't sleep and the longer I stay in bed the more frustrated I get as well as uncomfortable. I am pretty much uncomfortable almost 90% of the time. Before I was pregnant (or rather just a few months ago) I could force myself to go to sleep but now it just doesn't work. I have this itchy issue that keeps coming up. My skin seems to crawl at night especially once we are in bed and not being able to fall asleep right away makes it worse because I can't stop thinking about it. I am pretty sure it's just the pregnancy because we change the sheets often and I am even itchy sitting on the couch. Anywho, I was so tired today that I took a two hour nap which is probably why I am still up! Now I will be tired again tomorrow as well as grouchy and emotional. The emotions of pregnancy have finally hit full force. I can pretty much cry at the drop of a hat and for not much reason at all.

I have been struggling with the fact that I really don't enjoy being pregnant. I always thought I would be one of those women that just love every minute of it but not so much. I love the idea of being pregnant and the end result of bringing a beautiful baby into the world but the whole path of reaching that amazing moment is not all that exciting to me. I love knowing that every week something new happens and our baby is becoming a real live person but that's about it. I can't wait for it to be over. I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to bring a baby into this world and I will do it over and over again for the same reason but for now I am ready to give birth and forget that I was ever pregnant, at least until next time.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Hi Shellie! I just wanted to say that you are not alone. I hated almost every minute of being pregnant. I always felt guilty about not being one of those pregnant women that feel the best in their life. From the sciatica to the itchy skin (I had it too!) I prayed Ben would be a good baby because I was pretty miserable being pregnant! I had my moments where I loved it, but yeah, pretty much had to suffer through those 9 months!

Anna and Dusty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry we missed it, I've been going out of my mind crazy! But I hope you had a great day. Who hooo 23!! Welcome to the club!

Kristy said...

Yes being pregnant is miserable, especially the last trimester, especially the last few weeks. I think the majority of women feel the same way, at least in the last trimester. Then you will have your baby and you will remember being miserable, but you won't be able to remember the feeling of miserable and you will be more than happy about getting pregnant for baby number 2!

Jenny said...

EVERYBODY HATES BEING PREGNANT THE LAST 3 MONTHS!!! I'm sorry you're having a tough time. I had sciatica too, and just forget about sleeping those last few months. I could never get comfortable. But missy's right, in just a few short months you'll have little Melissa!