Monday, January 28, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well this weekend was jam packed with things to do. Saturday we had our first annual Beginning of the Year Cheer with our Scentsy teams. I think it was very successful and insightful. We had about 15 consultants come, as well as a few spouses. This lasted most of my day, however, when I came home Jon was ready to get out of the apartment as soon as I got there. I took a small nap and then we were off to...you guessed it...Academy. I was able to find a few shirts that are stretchy and cute to last me through my pregnancy, plus they were on sale. Jon bought the push up pro. They swivel as you do your push ups giving you a better workout. They are also very handy for those of us who can't do a rigorous workout...you can use them standing up by pushing on the wall. So, by the end of my pregnancy I will have very fit looking arms. lol. Anyways, we then went to Babies R Us to check out the baby stuff. This was our very first time as a couple to actually go look at baby things together. It was really a lot of fun. We checked out the rockers to see which one we both liked and then began looking at the bedding. Oh my gosh! We found the cutest bedding! When my mom and I were looking a few months ago this wasn't available yet, so it was really exciting to find it. They have a girl and boy set. It's not completely matching, the girls has flowers and the boy stars but it has that stripped/polka dot feel to it. Very cute and modern but babyish too. So, I think we have decided to take what we had back and register for this one. It's so cute and it was very fun to spend time with Jon picking it all out. I can't wait until we can go and register!

Jon is now showing even more excitement. The belly touching has become more often and he is just so excited for Thursday to come. He wants a boy so bad! I know he will be happy with a girl but he really wants a boy. I learned that the dad can now begin listening for the heart beat by placing his ear on the mamas belly. We tried last night, but nothing yet. We will keep trying...I think that would be the coolest thing for Jon to hear. He even told me that he likes my belly, which helps me feel more attractive. I don't feel completely fat but when you look in the mirror and turn to the side, and you have the super big tummy starting to come out and you can't fit into your regular or some maternity pants and your shirts that you have worn half your life don't fit because not only is your tummy getting big but so is your top half, you begin to feel a little discouraged. Plus, you realize that it's only going to get worse and your really not sure when you will be able to get back into your "normal" clothes after your pregnancy, the tiniest compliments help your self esteem. It's just different watching your body go through all these many changes. It's fun but different from what you are used to seeing when you look into the mirror.

Sunday was pretty uneventful. We went to church, came home, took a four our long nap, ate dinner, watched TV, became very bored. Talked to our crazy friends from North Dakota and then learned of the passing of President Hinckley. I always wondered how I would feel when I found out the news and my reaction was still surprising. I had an overwhelming feeling of peace. I felt like I should be sad but I was just so happy for him to be able to be with his wife again. I don't ever want to imagine having to live without my husband. The love that I have for him continues to grow and I just don't want to know what it feels like to be without him. I am so excited to grow old together and share life's adventures together. Especially, the ones that will be happening this year!

2 comments:

Anna and Dusty said...

Aww, how fun! I know I say that a lot but all your pre baby stories are so cute and exciting!! Have you decided on any names yet? I think you have to meet him/her before you can fully decide on a name. What if Johnny Jr. doesn't match her?

Shellie said...

Jon is against Jonny Jr. for whatever reason I am not sure. So far, it's Gavin Ryan or Melissa Ann. We will find out Thursday what name we will actually be using!