Monday, June 30, 2008

She's Finally Here!

SO it's been way too long since I wrote but I have been a little busy. After much protest, I finally have in and was induced on Friday, June 20. At 6:30am, we arrived at the hospital and became situated. At 7:30 they started the pitocin, which worked very well. By 10am I had my epidural (and can I just say how wonderful that is!) At 11:30am, I was 100% effaced and dilated to a 3. I figured we would be there for awhile and Dr Maxwell felt that I would give birth between 4 and 5pm. Well at 3:30pm they finally checked me again and I was already a 9! Holy cow, it's time! I just didn't expect it to go that fast. I got an extra boost of the epidural and then it was time to start pushing. I pushed her out in an hour and a half. Much to everyone's surprise she weighed in at 9lbs and 14oz! We are so excited to be a family and to have her home! She is such a wonderful baby! She never cries, even when she is hungry (which did cause a small problem) or needs to be changed and she sleeps so well. Stacie posted pictures of our photo shoot on Saturday. She did such an amazing job!!!!

Here is her first picture with mommy!
And with Daddy!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Shellie, CONGRATULATIONS! She's beautiful!

Shannon said...

She is SO pretty! I love "big" babies! Absolutely wonderful!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting!!! She is gorgeous!!
And I agree with Shannon, I LOVE me some 'big' babies (mine were both 9 pounders) though 'big' isn't really 'big', cause no new mom wants to hear the word 'big', thats for dang sure! ANYWAYS...the smaller babies SCARE me, too fragile!
I'm so glad she's here!!!

Anna and Dusty said...

She is so beautiful! and Big! what cute cheeks!!!