Monday, June 9, 2008

My Beautiful Cankles

So, since Thursday, I have been on the go as much as I can be. Jon was in a small car accident on Monday on his way home from work (no worries, everyone is fine and it wasn't his fault) so we have been down to one car which means I had to do all of my errands in two days time (which is difficult these days). Then, Friday night we had our first annual Eldredge fireside. Very successful but very hot. It was so nice to come home and lay in my own bed!

Then, Saturday and Sunday we have been doing little projects here and there trying to get stuff done before baby Melissa comes. And then of course, Sunday brings church. So, Saturday I had been on my feet most of the day, not eating well or drinking enough and around 11 I sat down on the floor after standing for about 10 minutes and saw my new CANKLES! My feet were so swollen! So, I went into drinking water mode and resting, but they came back. We had to leave church early on Sunday because it was so painful to my shoes back on because they began swelling again. I went home and put my feet up and tried drinking more water but as soon as I would get up to go potty or get me something to eat, they would come back. So, today I was supposed to run some errands but I haven't even gotten dressed. I am taking the day off to rest my cankles. If I am up too long they swell a little bit but they aren't near as bad as what they were yesterday. My fingers are also swelling to the point where I can't wear my wedding ring. If I get any more excitement during this pregnancy I don't know what I will do with myself.

I found these on the internet and I had to share! He also gives a great definition and history of the cankle. You should check it out here.


Quick update - no progression has occurred. My appointment on Thursday gave no signs of giving birth any time soon. I have had contractions and cramping on and off but nothing exciting. My stomach gets bigger by the minute but I have a feeling she is in it for the long haul. One week until my due date.

No comments: