Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools!

So we have been incredibly busy trying to get ready for our trip to North Dakota this weekend. I have also been busy trying to get my taxes done. I am such a procrastinator when it comes to taxes! I am just so nervous that I will do it wrong. Thankfully though I have help from the Deduction Diva. So somehow I will get them done and everything will be fine.

So really I wanted to post this incredibly hilarious moment that I had today that really made my whole day! I had to run out to do a few errands and then needed to stop by Kroger to pick up some milk and bread. I usually hate going to the grocery store but I was really hungry so I had to go. As I am walking up to the store there is a clerk that is walking out to pick up the carts. As a side note, I have to say that I love that grocery stores around here give mentally challenged people a job. It may be the simplest job in the store but you can tell that they just feel so needed. So the clerk is mentally challenged but he is always the first to greet you with a smile. Well he walks up to me with a great big smile and says "Oh no, you have a bug on your shoe." I'm thinking, wow he has great vision, but I am wearing white shoes so I look down. Then he says "Ha APRIL FOOLS!" I just started laughing and thought that it was the best April Fools joke anyone has ever played on me. I completely forgot that today was April Fools. I then walked in the store and another clerk (who I often go through his line) was standing there laughing saying "It looks like he got you" and he sure did! It was great because I think he stood outside all day waiting for people to walk up to the store so he could play an April Fool's joke on them and make them laugh! The beautiful innocence that he has is just so touching.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

That is a great story! I think I even know who you are talking about.