Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Day I Had

My day started out pretty normal. Melissa and Jon were still sleeping downstairs so I enjoyed a quiet bowl of cereal. Then I decided to call the insurance company who then directed me to the hospital. Not much got done there in regards to our medical bills...maybe another day. Jon left for school and would be back at 12. I needed the car for a meeting that I had for our food stamps(yes we joined the band wagon). He came home and I was actually ready on time to take him back to school and Melissa was so cute looking! I actually found time to get her all cute and everything!

We had a little extra time so we enjoyed the latest episode of Stargate Atlantis(I know, we are complete nerds!). We then piled into the car and it was off to take Jon back to school. While in the car he was suppose to leave me his key to the house. Well naturally we both forgot and as I dropped him off, and went to leave, I realized that I didn't have it. Well most people would have turned around and called him, however, we had put a pizza in the oven so that it would be ready by the time I got back home. SO, I raced home trying to figure out how I would get into my own house. Being from Arlington, we always keep the windows and doors locked. I realized that we have one open in the basement that holds our fan. I had to leave Melissa in the car, run to the side of the house, rip a hole in the screen. Rip the screen out, knock the fan onto the floor (all while Maggie sits next to the bed and does nothing, not even bark...so much for a guard dog) run upstairs take my burnt pizza out of the oven and then run outside to take my poor crying baby out of the car. But wait...that's not all! I come in and realize that there is an odor that I just can't quite put my finger on...oh wait! Because we forgot to take her out she used the bathroom on our new, beautiful, and expensive rug downstairs(now I need to figure out how to fix that!). So I take care of Melissa and then clean up Maggie's poo. Meanwhile, Melissa is upstairs in her highchair having the time of her life. I run upstairs and finish my pizza and realize that it's time to get going so I am not late for my meeting. I go to take Melissa out of her highchair and realize that there is poo EVERYWHERE!!! She had a few blowouts last week while my mom and I were out shopping but nothing compared to this mess! It was halfway up her chest! I take her out and lay her on the floor and tried to be as "neat" as I possibly could but it was everywhere! As I pulled off her outfit it got all over her arm, hand, chest, armpit...ugh. So disgusting. And it was smeared all over her belly and thighs. So it took me over 25 minutes and 20 wipes and a few paper towels and we were ready to go. There went her really cute outfit! We were finally out of the house and on our way 10 minutes late. Needless to say we had to reschedule. What a day. I will be so happy if I never have to see poop again!

3 comments:

Kitkat said...

We miss y' all! Good luck!

Jenny said...

Seriously, once we had a baby, we were never on time to anything again. I hope you guys have better luck!

And did you ever in your life think you would become so intimately acquainted with someone else's poo?

Shannon said...

Hahaha, the poo stories are always the best, and so funny b/c we all have BAD ones! Just remember that you WILL look back on that day and laugh your butt off and one day you will be able to share it with other soon to be moms! Except the dog part, dogs are gross and I hate dog poo! Much more disgusting than cleaning up your baby!

And one thing I learned, is that rather than use a million wipes, I would put Nat in the tub clothes and all and turn the faucet on and take her clothes off, and sponge wash her that way, it was way easier and I knew she was SUPER clean!